Hi! My name is Candace Carr. I’m a rising junior at Drake University studying Multimedia Journalism with a minor in Rhetoric and Media Studies. I am a proud St. Louis native (go Cards), an enthusiastic communicator, and a connector of all people. Welcome to my corner of the internet, I’m so glad you’re here!
“Find a job you enjoy doing, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”Mark Twain
Being an SJMC student is one of the most dynamic experiences a Drake student can have. As a sophomore I have:
From the AP stylebook becoming my personal bible, to being up-to-date on both news and social media trends, my SJMC experience will indeed help me go far. #jschoolslayschool
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
In March of 2022, I became a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., with Transcendent Theta Eta Chapter at Drake University.
My journey as an SGRho thus far continues to elevate my leadership and creativity every day. This is best seen through:
- Designing chapter marketing materials
- Creating and putting on intentional programming
- Engaging in service
- Representing Drake University locally and regionally.
I also serve as the Drake U. National Pan-Hellenic Council Historian, where I:
- Document the work of each chapter
- Increase campus visbility
- Network with the wider FSL community.
Finally, in the summertime, my true personality defrosts. The focused student lets loose and embraces the “silly” as I assume the role of summer camp counselor to campers ages 8-18 years at Camp Miniwanca in Western Michigan.
As a Youth Empowerment Professional,
- I inspire and model balanced living,
- Model healthy risk-taking,
- Engage in positive community involvement to every camper and staff member I meet.
- Additionally, I serve as a Mulcahy Fellow for the American Youth Foundation where I help the AYF strive toward their best by embracing diversity as a strength and expanding the opportunities of camp and youth programming to campers of all backgrounds.
Regardless of where my career takes me, I know that if I truly enjoy what I do, I’ll never work a day in my life.